Quick Help Act4 Diablo
TheFinal
2004-02-05 14:24:55 UTC
I have 4 games in a row been unable to open "just" 1 seal in Chaos,
therefore unable on to do Quest, whats wrong??
(normal game)

TheFinal
Europe, HC, LAdder
Marcel Overweel
2004-02-05 14:34:41 UTC
What do you mean with 'unable to open' ?

If you can see te seal but are unable to 'activate' it, just try it from
another angle a few times.
I have the same problem sometimes and the only solution is to hit the rat
several times... :)

Marcel
Europe, HC, LAdder
TheFinal
2004-02-05 14:50:48 UTC
I could open several but NEVER the last, earlier on, it was the one by Lord
de Seis that gave me trouble, but several hit opend it, now all three places
:( where 1 cannt be opend

TheFinal
Europe, HC, LAdder
Particle Man
2004-02-05 18:10:44 UTC
Post by TheFinal
I could open several but NEVER the last, earlier on, it was the one by Lord
de Seis that gave me trouble, but several hit opend it, now all three places
:( where 1 cannt be opend
You have to go to the center where D pops up, and get all that area
loaded into your map. Then go back to the seal and it will work.
lindman
Europe, HC, LAdder
Vladesch
2004-02-05 15:21:26 UTC
Post by TheFinal
I have 4 games in a row been unable to open "just" 1 seal in Chaos,
therefore unable on to do Quest, whats wrong??
(normal game)
TheFinal
Europe, HC, LAdder
I get that sometimes, I think its caused by lag.
I have similar problems sometimes taking waypoints, or talking to npc's.s
I think its because the server thinks you arnt next to the portal/npc, but
you think you are.
Try walking around a bit and coming back and clicking. Should work
eventually.
Hansi
2004-02-05 15:31:29 UTC
Hi,

i have the same problem right now...
i guess its time for a break :)

HAnsi
Europe, HC, LAdder
Walt
2004-02-05 16:59:05 UTC
Post by TheFinal
I have 4 games in a row been unable to open "just" 1 seal in Chaos,
therefore unable on to do Quest, whats wrong??
(normal game)
TheFinal
Europe, HC, LAdder
I had the same just a few minutes ago in two different games. Funny. It was
Europe SC Ladder.
Never saw that before. Anoying!

Walt
David H
2004-02-05 16:57:09 UTC
Post by TheFinal
I have 4 games in a row been unable to open "just" 1 seal in Chaos,
therefore unable on to do Quest, whats wrong??
(normal game)
Try to open up a town portal. If it opens up somewhere halfway across the
screen, then you are probably quite desynched and you don't necessarily want
to fight Diablo in that state anyway...

...unless you are softcore I guess.

That said, if the TP opens up far away, enter it, then come back and try to
open another TP until your screen and the server say the same thing.

David
john graesser
2004-02-05 19:22:29 UTC
Post by TheFinal
I have 4 games in a row been unable to open "just" 1 seal in Chaos,
therefore unable on to do Quest, whats wrong??
(normal game)
When this happens to me, I just move around the edge of the seal banging on
it until I find a sweet spot (or the game gets back in sync) at which time
everything works.

Playing on bnet you also get things like being unable to use wp's or tp's,
attacking monsters and nothing happens etc, that happened to me this morn
while I was helping a group out going for hell Diablo. I was running back
away from the monsters (didn't want a lag death) and got the connection
interrupted screen. I then couldn't join any games for a while so someone
might have been using some bugged equipment in the party, or something else
caused the server to crash. I just switched chars an ran another for a
while. An hour or so later my lead char was back able to join games.
Ian Noble
2004-02-06 13:12:12 UTC
Post by TheFinal
I have 4 games in a row been unable to open "just" 1 seal in Chaos,
therefore unable on to do Quest, whats wrong??
(normal game)
TheFinal
Europe, HC, LAdder
Almost certainly a new (and VERY annoying) bug - see my post in
another thread.

Cheers - Ian
chainbreaker
2004-02-06 13:50:20 UTC
Post by Ian Noble
Post by TheFinal
I have 4 games in a row been unable to open "just" 1 seal in Chaos,
therefore unable on to do Quest, whats wrong??
(normal game)
TheFinal
Europe, HC, LAdder
Almost certainly a new (and VERY annoying) bug - see my post in
another thread.
Cheers - Ian
This was evidently running rampant last night on West, too.
--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
Jim Wooley
2004-02-06 18:14:55 UTC
Post by chainbreaker
Post by Ian Noble
Post by TheFinal
I have 4 games in a row been unable to open "just" 1 seal in Chaos,
therefore unable on to do Quest, whats wrong??
Almost certainly a new (and VERY annoying) bug - see my post in
another thread.
This was evidently running rampant last night on West, too.
As were the "Server will reboot in 5 minutes" messages. I must have had 4
games interrupted with this (once on east the others on west) last night in
a 2 hour period. Once in a game where I was trying to kill NM Baal for the
quest. "Server will reboot" message comes up after the first minion appears
and everyone races to get them all done. Got the Baal quest with about 15
seconds left.

Jim