Cube recipe for repairing a runeword item?
Nobody
2005-11-22 06:21:46 UTC
Sigh... it seems that repairing of my superior Spirit shield can't be
done using the Tal-based recipes. Am I going to get stuck with the 300K
bill in this case?

Good thing about this is that the durability is very high and I don't
have to do this often.
Jake Mysterio
2005-11-22 08:42:35 UTC
Sigh... it seems that repairing of my superior Spirit shield can't be done
using the Tal-based recipes. Am I going to get stuck with the 300K bill in
this case?
Good thing about this is that the durability is very high and I don't have
to do this often.
It's not that hard to pay that kinda cost. Do a couple of boss runs and
pickup any class specific items and/or armor of magical or white i.e gothic
plate and up and you'll get quick and easy cash.
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
Baal
2005-11-22 18:48:32 UTC
My druid with +400% gold drums up major cash in NM, drops avg around
1.5 to 2k. No need to go to town. Party up somtime?
Jake Mysterio
2005-11-23 05:26:43 UTC
Post by Baal
My druid with +400% gold drums up major cash in NM, drops avg around
1.5 to 2k. No need to go to town. Party up somtime?
You USWSC?
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
eudas
2005-11-23 01:36:29 UTC
Post by Nobody
Sigh... it seems that repairing of my superior Spirit shield can't be
done using the Tal-based recipes. Am I going to get stuck with the 300K
bill in this case?
Good thing about this is that the durability is very high and I don't
have to do this often.
the diabloii.net horadric cube 1.10 recipes page
(http://www.diabloii.net/items/horadric-v110.shtml) indicates that you can use

1 Ort Rune (#9)
+ Any weapon
Repairs the Weapon

1 Ral Rune (#8)
+ Any armor
Repairs the Armor

Try the Armor one and see if it works on the Shield.
Do note that the page indicates that these recipes "Does not work on Ethereal
Items." (sic)

eudas
Inside of every silver lining, there's a big, dark cloud.
Nobody
2005-11-23 03:21:43 UTC
eudas wrote:
[snip]
Post by eudas
Try the Armor one and see if it works on the Shield.
Do note that the page indicates that these recipes "Does not work on Ethereal
Items." (sic)
Thanks for those recipes - I tried the Tal one, the Tal + chip and even
Tal + flawed gem with no results (I found those recipes on the Arreat
Summit site).

I think that runeword items don't work for these recipes - although, I
suppose for giggles I can try it with normal, flawless and perfect gems
to see if those might work :-)
Ashen Shugar
2005-11-23 05:38:56 UTC
I think it was Nobody <***@bogus.invalid> that wrote something
like...
Post by Nobody
[snip]
Post by eudas
Try the Armor one and see if it works on the Shield.
Do note that the page indicates that these recipes "Does not work on Ethereal
Items." (sic)
Thanks for those recipes - I tried the Tal one, the Tal + chip and even
Tal + flawed gem with no results (I found those recipes on the Arreat
Summit site).
Where did you find them? I couldn't any recipe remotely like the one
you mention with the rest of the cube recipes.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
chaliban
2005-11-23 05:57:55 UTC
Nobody
2005-11-23 06:14:20 UTC
Post by Ashen Shugar
like...
Post by Nobody
[snip]
Post by eudas
Try the Armor one and see if it works on the Shield.
Do note that the page indicates that these recipes "Does not work on Ethereal
Items." (sic)
Thanks for those recipes - I tried the Tal one, the Tal + chip and even
Tal + flawed gem with no results (I found those recipes on the Arreat
Summit site).
Where did you find them? I couldn't any recipe remotely like the one
you mention with the rest of the cube recipes.
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=site%3Abattle.net+cube+recipe+tal+repair&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

First hit yields this text near the bottom:

<quote>
1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and
Recharged Armor
You cannot repair ethereal armor. Armor refers to any sort of armor,
including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.
</quote>

Doh! I just now see that it says Ral, not Tal... maybe there's hope!
chaliban
2005-11-23 06:42:07 UTC
Post by Nobody
Post by Ashen Shugar
like...
Post by Nobody
[snip]
Post by eudas
[...]
Note that above that is the recipe if you don't need to recharge and
only need to repair. Ral only. No gem.
Nobody
2005-11-23 06:35:18 UTC
Post by Nobody
Post by Ashen Shugar
Where did you find them? I couldn't any recipe remotely like the one
you mention with the rest of the cube recipes.
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=site%3Abattle.net+cube+recipe+tal+repair&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
<quote>
1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and
Recharged Armor
You cannot repair ethereal armor. Armor refers to any sort of armor,
including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.
</quote>
Doh! I just now see that it says Ral, not Tal... maybe there's hope!
I just repaired my Spirit shield with Ral + flawed emerald + shield in
the cube.

It pays to /read carefully/!
chaliban
2005-11-23 06:55:03 UTC
Post by Nobody
Post by Nobody
Post by Ashen Shugar
Where did you find them? I couldn't any recipe remotely like the one
you mention with the rest of the cube recipes.
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=site%3Abattle.net+cube+recipe+tal+repair&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
<quote>
1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and
Recharged Armor
You cannot repair ethereal armor. Armor refers to any sort of armor,
including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.
</quote>
Doh! I just now see that it says Ral, not Tal... maybe there's hope!
I just repaired my Spirit shield with Ral + flawed emerald + shield in
the cube.
It pays to /read carefully/!
lol. Mate, if you had read carefully, you would have saved yourself a
flawed emerald. :)
Jake Mysterio
2005-11-23 08:14:24 UTC
Post by Nobody
Post by Ashen Shugar
Where did you find them? I couldn't any recipe remotely like the one
you mention with the rest of the cube recipes.
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=site%3Abattle.net+cube+recipe+tal+repair&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
<quote>
1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and
Recharged Armor
You cannot repair ethereal armor. Armor refers to any sort of armor,
including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.
</quote>
Doh! I just now see that it says Ral, not Tal... maybe there's hope!
I just repaired my Spirit shield with Ral + flawed emerald + shield in the
cube.
I quote you. ;P

It pays to /read carefully/!

1 Ral Rune + Armor = Fully Repaired Armor
Use this Rune + Your Horadric Cube to repair your armor. You cannot repair
ethereal armor

Ashen Shugar
2005-11-23 08:00:42 UTC
I think it was Nobody <***@bogus.invalid> that wrote something
like...
Post by Nobody
Post by Ashen Shugar
like...
Post by Nobody
[snip]
Post by eudas
[...]
Heh, that was my point. No recipe like that using Tal and a flawed
gem. ; )

However, I do owe you one now, as I never noticed before that there
was a recipe that repaired AND recharged items.